Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Late Night Crossword

When I do crosswords late at night, I get beefed up on my vocabulary, and I get inspired for drink recipes. This is a black and white cocktail, excellent for your late night crosswords or your next theme party or tuxedo night.

You'll need:
A spoon
A mason jar with lid (or cleaned out jelly jar with lid)
A (chilled) martini glass
A cocktail shaker
Ice
Chocolate syrup
1 ½ oz Heavy cream (or vegan creamer)
1 oz Kahlua
2 oz Whipped cream or vanilla vodka
¼ oz Triple sec (orange liquor... Sounds weird, but trust me on this.)

Take the martini glass out of the freezer, and fill the cocktail shaker with ice. Add the triple sec, Kahlua, and vodka to the shaker and shake for 30 seconds. Strain into the glass. Put the cream in the Mason jar and shake vigorously until it's nice and foamy. Pouring over the back of the spoon, carefully float the cream on top of the black layer. Gently drizzle chocolate syrup over the cream. I do my initials, but swirls and zigzags also look pretty. Admire its beauty then drink up.

No comments:

Post a Comment